To be used with all Broadway products
What's new in version 3.2 compared to Version 3.1
This version of the firmware adds new features to the existing function set of Broadway:
- Add advanced EPG UI
- Add preliminary DLNA support (BETA)
- Enable filedownload from gallery
- Profile selection in playerwindow
- Reworked settings- and adminmenu
Broadway and Android devices
Since Adobe has recently discontinued Flash support for Android, we had to implement a different mechanism to support media streaming. Technically we are now using HTML 5.0 video tag (MPEG Transport stream + H.264 video), which is a mandatory feature for Android versions > 3.0.
If you have a Flash plugin already installed on your Android device your Broadway will continue to work. If you got a new Android device you may not be able to install a flash plugin anymore. In this case our new approach might help. Please refer to the list below for playback compatibility:
- Android version 2.1 (Eclair) and lower: not compatible to Broadway
- Android version 2.2 (Froyo) - version 4.0 (ICS): Adobe Flash player/plug-in required. If you can't access the Flash Player download via the Google Play Store, please try via http://get.adobe.com/de/flashplayer/
- Android version 4.1 (Jelly Bean): HTML-5 support; no Adobe Flash player/plug-in available
Although Broadway is fully compliant to Google's specification for media streaming we found some devices are not and therefore will not work with Broadway yet. Please send us a note in cases your device is not streaming video correctly. You might also send us a short note if your device is working well.